Subject: [Leica] Re: Oh god no, I just found a great Leica sales site
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sun Apr 6 05:08:06 2008

Thanks Frank

I've heard the same stories, although your numbers are the lowest I've
heard.  The numbers I heard were in the order of $5K to $7K for the US
Army auction that released pallets of "fresh in wrapping" kits.

And then these "no number" kits - I have theories of how they came into
being - leftover top decks from when Midland needed to close up, and
once in a while surface.  I personally know of a white-chrome unit.

So, I've regained my senses.

Spent my money on a Nikon SP-2005 kit with both the 3.5 and 5 cm lenses
(want to try the lenses with the new coating) and a Rollei 2.8FX -
again, want to try the lens with the new coating.  I anticipate these
two gems will be ebay'ed in a couple years.  That's my version of "catch
and release".

...Vick