Subject: [Leica] In defence of the newspapers
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Apr 10 11:41:28 2008

Tina offered:

>> It goes on to say that it would be wonderful if publishers looked at the
study and decided that profits would rise if the improved quality, but that
they won't do that because they are only interested in making more money
right now.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Tina,

It's called, "HAIL THE BEAN COUNTERS! Be damned with logical common sense!
Full speed ahead, cut staff and quality! Equals more money for us and the
share holders!!"

We can equate this to some degree to magazines, rotogravure sections and the
evolution of TV!

Certainly when it came to "advertising on TV" that killed off the mags &
roto sections.

The attitude was "Oh my TV is the only way to go for attention grabbing
because everyone else is doing it." So cut the LIFE, LOOK advertising
budgets and all the other visual sections for a spot on TV of 30 seconds or
less. Good economic sense? Not on your life!

Only to find viewers all went to the toilet when the commercials came on. At
least when it was in magazine form many people took their reading material
to the throne. :-)

Now look at the absolute TV garbage that flashes by on the idiot box
considered entertainment or worse, "NEWS!" All those wonderful publications
died only to give birth to the slut magazines at grocery store check outs.

But I suppose the mentally challenged types who buy them are more interested
in which Hollywood whore is knocked up by whomever is more important than
the world scene. Heck even the local scene for longer than 30 seconds news
clip.

It's called human race values are going down the drain faster than you can
spit these days. Given a look at where the planet and people are barking and
biting at each other every day.

Was there "good old days of photojournalism and reporting?" You bet your
sweet ass there was and I'm glad I was there and not doing it today! :-(

OK crew a bit long, but that's life! :-(

 ted