Subject: [Leica] In defence of the newspapers
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Apr 10 21:12:07 2008

> At 10:00 PM 4/10/2008, you wrote:
>>  I used to
>> shoot for the PR department of our national railroad. Not only do
>> they not take photos but the
>> guy I dealt with-- they fired him and his assistant!. This is
>> depressing.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kevin Argue
>> Canada
>
> Exactly my experience, Kevin.  I used to teach photojournalism at the
> local college.  First they got rid of the darkroom and went to
> computers.  Then they got rid of still photography and went to only
> video.  Evidently one frame captured from a video stream is as good
> as it needs to be. :-(   I don't see much light at the end of this
> tunnel and the train is about to wipe us out!
>
> Tina

Tina! Every day in every way reading your LUG posts I'm gladder and gladder
I don't live in Charlotte!
The Newspapers are the pits and so are the Colleges!
I'm now going to search engine it and find out some nice stuff about it.
I'm sure its nice or you wouldn't live there!

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] In defense of the newspapers)