Subject: [Leica] Leica R lenses and Olympus E-510
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Apr 15 14:09:46 2008

Which is why I rarely use IS, since most of my targets are indeed
moving. I was in a bar with my wife and son tonight, and was shooting
at ISO 800 with the 1.4 25mm PanaLeica. No IS, but with that ISO and
lens combination I was getting shutter speeds of 1/30 or 1/60, which
is fine.

Nathan

On 15-apr-2008, at 21:51, Philippe AMARD wrote:

> except on moving targets - the only hitch I see there
> phx
>

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>>> It was a Leica lens. Of this week's PAWs, most are taken with the
>>> 100mm Apo Macro on the E3. The ones of the couple on the motorbike
>>> also with the 1.4 teleconverter.
>>> Or this one from the week before (no converter, just the 100mm Apo
>>> Macro):
>>> http://www.fotocycle.dk:80/paws/uploads/2008/14alt11.jpg
>>>
>>> I use this combination quite a bit, and it works great.
>>>
>>> As for noise, it is not as good as the Nikon D3, but it is as
>>> good as
>>> my other DSLR, the Canon 1D Mark II. Olympus have done wonders with
>>> the E3 sensor, and I am pretty sure that the E-510 uses the same
>>> sensor.
>>>
>>> Nathan
>>>

>> The Noise issue is countered by the anti vibration issue.
>> Seems like you can shoot at the lowest ISO's all the time because
>> you can
>> shoot with the lowest shudder speeds and it still comes out sharp
>> enough.
>>

>> Mark William Rabiner
>> markrabiner.com

Nathan Wajsman