Subject: [Leica] IMG: spring actually arrived
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed Apr 16 22:02:02 2008

I'd say overload is the main culprit.  Tina, I followed your India blog and
saw every photo. George, I read your blog whenever you post. I must admit I
skim the texts sometimes, but I always look at the photos.  I actually try
to look at every photo posted on the LUG.  But I don't really have time to
comment a lot.  If I were retired, it would be another matter...  :-)

So my comments happen when I have time, and it coincides with a picture
that really grabs me, or something issue I see that I can genuinely help
out with.  And I always feel bad, because there are many things I'd like to
comment on that I don't have time to do, either intelligently or at all.

Another thought:  Since so many of us are shooting digital rather than
scanning our own film, we tend to post more.  Adds to the overload.

One advantage to the LUG Gallery is that you can instantly see how many
people have actually viewed your photo.  But the number of "hits" doesn't
necessarily coincide with how good the photo is.  I notice that when I post
a bunch of shots, the first two or three have about 50 viewers, then the
next few have 20-30, and then it dwindles down to 10 or so for the
rest.  Which may mean I have 10 true fans, or I'm a lousy editor, or both.
:-)

--Peter