Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Weekend at the Farm
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed Apr 16 21:33:37 2008

Len:  If you're a Windows user, take a few minutes and download and install
the free tools EXIFTool and EXIFToolGUI. The current version reports the
estimated aperture in the "Maker" data.  This seems to only show up in the
DNG files, not JPGs or TIFFs (at least not 16-bit TIFFs).

http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/foto/exif/exiftoolgui.htm
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Good installation instructions for both apps in the first link.  Windows
installation is quite simple--just unzip the files for both apps into a
single folder, rename one file, and create an icon on your desktop pointing
to the GUI app.

EXIFTool is a command-line app for hard-core gearheads.  ExifToolGUI makes
it quite usable for soft-core gearheads and mere photographers.

--Peter

--Peter