Subject: FW: [Leica] IMG: Hoppy holiday pics
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Apr 19 05:26:06 2008

Hi Tina. Glad you enjoyed them. Australia, of course has a huge variety of
environs to visit. Definitely plenty to photograph. Mid autumn here right
now but still T-shirts and shorts here tonight. A number of friendly LUG
members to visit as well. Ted may just come with you! I'm 90% certain these
were with the 50 asph. I must have had lens detection turned off though.
I've been playing with an M-coder for my other lenses but am not finding it
reliable. The food pics were just taken with my chair only slightly back
from the table. Crops would be to about 70% of the frame. At 640 ISO I could
stop down a bit for more DoF. I did WB by sampling highlights on the plates.
I am liking ACR for the processing, I think just updated to 4.41 and that
has new improved profiles built in for the M8 as well. I also just
discovered that opening the DNGs with ACR, adjusting and resaving them
shrinks the files a lot but it is completely lossless. Anyway they end up
about 5MB, still as DNG's. Clearly Mr Adobe has got better compression
algorithms than the camera. Cool!
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e