Subject: [Leica] F 5.6 and don't be there!
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Apr 21 15:18:56 2008

At 06:08 PM 4/21/2008, you wrote:

>The shots last week of your grandkids all f1?

No!  I don't think you are reading your e-mail.  Most of those were
shot with the 35/2.0.  The M8 doesn't record aperture in the EXIF so
everything is recorded at 1.0, even if you are using a 2.0 lens.  The
camera has no idea.  I don't record anything using a pencil or
mentally so whatever shows up on pbase or any of the other sites that
read the EXIF is just what is recorded there - 1.0.  I know the film
ones I posted earlier were 1.0 because that's the only aperture I
ever used with the Noctilux and film cameras.

>Felt like 5.6 to me some of them.

Probably were.  I have no idea.  I love the fact that I can read the
EXIF with any of my digital cameras and know to the second when a
photo was made.  With the Canons I also know the lens, aperture, and
shutter speed.  I don't know that with the M8's but maybe I will know
with the M9's or the R10's!

Tina

Tina Manley
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/grandchildren