Subject: [Leica] old farts
From: elizabeth at reid.org (Elizabeth Reid)
Date: Sat Apr 26 01:46:28 2008

Hmm. I'm pretty sure I have zero claim to being an old fart (being
firmly in the "upstart" category), but I was familiar with grok. Of
course, I think I'm cheating a bit, since both of my parents are old
farts.

In fact, when I was growing up, instead of getting the "when I was
your age I had to walk five miles to school in the snow, uphill both
ways!" lectures, mine were more along the lines of "I remember when a
few kilobytes of memory was more than you could every possibly imagine
using!" or "just be glad you don't have to use punch cards!"

I have to admit, I was glad. Still am, really. I suspect my living
space would be even messier than it already is if I had to use punch
cards.