Subject: [Leica] OT: Photo sites that handle print sales etc.
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu May 1 07:41:22 2008

At 09:18 PM 4/30/2008, you wrote:
>Tina,
>
>That is very interesting.  Purely from an academic viewpoint, could you
>please elaborate a little on how one downloads the original files.  Just
>asking....
>
>Ken

Ken -

Here is what the guy who was able to download the originals said:

"All anyone needs to do is use Firefox as a browser, download the
free add-on 'Web Developer
Toolbar' (a cinch, and available here:
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60%29>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60).

Many web/creative
types will have this installed as a matter of course - it's a very
good, legitimate tool for inspecting pages you're building or analysing. "

Now that I've followed the SmugMug advisor's guidelines for
protecting the originals, however, he is not able to download the
originals - only the S, M, or L jpegs with the watermarks which
should not be useable for much except web use.

>P.s. Please provide additional technical detail if necessary on the b&w
>images from Honduras..so I can avoid similar problems....

Don't know what you mean here?

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI