Subject: [Leica] Re:OT: Photo sites that handle print sales etc.
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu May 1 12:12:53 2008

Mark, this is for "event" photography where I may have viewers from
50 States, Canada and beyond. Most people, if they wish to make a
purchase, would only want 4x6s. So smugmug or something like it is
perfect for it. Anycase, I just signed up with them. Lets see how it works.

At 10:19 PM 4/30/2008, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>My particular approach is I'd never let any of those guys print my pictures.
>Also send them to a client without me seeing them first.
>That's to me a double whammy.
>
>I'd let them TAKE the picture first.
>Then I'd print it and sign my name to it. On the left.
>But not the other way round.
>
>Maybe for some extenuating reason I'd let a print get custom printed by
>people I knew on excellent paper then check it over and if not done right
>I'd have them redo it. Not this kind of stuff. Machine prints in effect. On
>cheap paper I'm sure. Untouched by human hands.
>
>I can make a pretty good print from just about anything and feel real proud
>of it.
>A machine print is not my work.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re:OT: Photo sites that handle print sales etc.)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re:OT: Photo sites that handle print sales etc.)