Subject: [Leica] pixie in black and white
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue May 6 22:47:10 2008

> Simon,
> IMHO the colour version is much better.
> Cheers
> Jayanand
>
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 12:32 AM, simon jessurun <simon.apekop@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/animal/canon/pixie.jpg.html
>> Thanks for all your kind coments.
>> Best,simon jessurun

Came out better than I thought even.
The black and white a picture of her soul.
The color a picture of her clothes. Leaves.
Bottom line.
The black and white shot in a good gallery would go for several times more
than the shot in color.
Cant get any crasser than bottom line way of looking at it but that's how I
also see it.

There's only so much "worth" a color shot has in my eyes. My opinion also
does reflect the way also the market has always seen it.
I'm glad I happen to agree with the market.
As I tend to prefer doing black and white myself.

Lucky with this digital thing you have a choice with every single shot.
As there will be those odd shots which do look better in color....

Like Superman standing in front of a Ferris wheel.
Holding a bouquet of flowers.

For Louis I guess!

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com