Subject: [Leica] Looking to buy or borrow a 50mm Hasselblad lens in Boston
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu May 8 13:24:15 2008

> Hey folks -- I'll be in boston next Monday-tues and wed shooting an
> album cover which the band has asked that I do "old skool". I'm not sure
> if the space they've chosen will fit in my 80mm lens so I'm wondering if
> anybody in beantown has a 50 I can borrow for Tuesday. Or anybody who
> want to sell me one cheap that you can get to boston by Monday. That
> works too.
>
> Danke.
>
> kc

A 50 or 60 millimeter lens really opens up the use of a Hasselblad making it
much more hand holdable and an all around camera and now those lenes are
cheap cheap cheap they give you one with each 4 rolls of film at many camera
stores took me years to get mine all I had was a 150 for my first years with
the system.

Don't forget to cock the shudder before you take the lens off to change it;
Or you will be in the "Oh darn it" zone. You have to go in there with an
entrenching tool to disentrench it.

Just like when you get your first 35mm lens instead of always trying to
shoot with a 50 and missing your focus half the time. That was what it was
for me. Then you get a 35 and always get the shot.
The 50 is kind of like a 28 and a 60 like a 35.

__

I shot this with my 50mm CF before I got my 60.
http://rabinergroup.com/ScooterPages/BobPosternew.html
The first year the CF's came out so it's not FLE.
No secondary thing you have to turn to get optimum close focusing quality.

Most my Hassy stuff is in a storage bin in Portland my system here in NY
consists of a 60 and a 100.
Odd I know go figure.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com