Subject: [Leica] Leica R-10 at Photokina 2008
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu May 8 14:49:02 2008

> Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
>> I think they will call it an R10 even with some very big innovation at
> hand.
>> That's my strong guess.
>>
>> The reason for one is I think they want to give a feeling of continuation.
>> That Leica has survived. Prevailed. Survived the digital age.
>> And that what people are buying into is a company which goes way back to
> the
>> brass age and Ernst Leitz with bodies lovingly nudged together with wooden
>> hammers (mallets) and HCB and all the rest.
>
> IMHO the Leicaflexes go back to the brass-and-mallet era much more than the
> R bodies do.
>
> Doug Herr

For sure the Leicaflex is the SLR M3.

The R's might be ok but are Minoltas most of them.
They sure don't have the Leica feel or look.
The glass though most of it is worth it.

I'd like to get into shooting some stuff with Leicaflex and much of this
being input form you Doug.
And also the R8/9 intrigues the heck out of me.
The DSM though doesn't get my attention. I'll wait till their first DSMSLR.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Leica R-10 at Photokina 2008)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Leica R-10 at Photokina 2008)