Subject: [Leica] Leica R10
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu May 8 14:55:11 2008

> Chris Williams <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>> Nikon D3 can shoot 4/5. Simple setting in the menu, VF blackouts the
>> cropping. Makes sense if your shooting for 8x10's.
>
> If the SL10's sensor is larger than 24x36 in 4x5 proportions the sensor
> area used for the 8x10 would be 65% bigger than the D3's 24x36 cropped to
> 24x30.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

The BMW M5 I just shot for the Times was all cropped to 4x5 proportions
using the setting in the CS3 Photoshop bridge raw filter.
But also there a bunch I cropped to square. 1 over 1.
I think it worked out real well.
http://tinyurl.com/5ww92o

4x5 is a very formal shape which people respect and works will on the
computer screen as well as I think in print.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Leica R10)