Subject: [Leica] Oh god, I found another KE-7A kit, far more economical, ...
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri May 16 05:41:56 2008

Vick,

as a collector myself - I try and collect one of the last 10 of each
Leica camera model (so far SL2, SL, IIIG, R5, R7, R3Mot, SL2Mot,  CLE,
M4-2, first run of M6 Titanium and an M2 that has a late number
allocated to an M1 - I fully understand that a KE-7A looking for a good
home would be more than welcome to find one in your (or indeed, my)
collection.

Even though these are 'only' tools for photography, they are also
tangible expressions of a love of precision and craftsmanship (at least
the earlier models are) that is sadly disappearing much too quickly.

Before anyone asks - yes they do get used every now and again, as do
several Retinas, Vitos, Rollei 35s and Yashicas.

I suppose the same applies to collectors of Rolex, Omega and the like,
they're nice to look at and handle but, at the end of the day, you
really only need one watch to tell you the time.

To be honest, if I had the space, finances and facilities, I'd probably
collect steam trains :-)

Enjoy your collecting - I do

Cheers
Douglas