Subject: [Leica] Have 35 'Lux, want 35/1.2 Nokton. Crazy?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jun 1 17:34:31 2008

Peter Klein asked:

>>Has anyone here used both the Leica 35/1.4 Summilux ASPH and the CV 35/1.2

Nokton?  And had to decide between one or the other, or both?<<<

Hi Peter,

Are you crazy to want the Nokton 35mm f1.2?

Absolutely not at all, certainly when you're talking about a lens near one
third the cost of a Leica lens.

I bought the Nokton as a match with my Noctilux simply because I like to
shoot what I see by whatever light happens to be motivating me.

As far as I'm concerned these two lenses are a beautiful match to work with.
Yep both are heavy, only relative if you play with them once a week or
month. However, every day? Hey no big deal as it's one on the neck and one
on the shoulder of choice. Or both off the L-R shoulders. Obviously one must
work with two M type cameras! :-)

I've used the Nokton on M7's and the M8, never had any problem focusing on
either. Camera to eye, focus, shoot!

Best bet after all the opinions? Get one, use it yourself...if you don't
like the handling, weight or results.. Sell it! Mission accomplished..
Finding out for yourself! I doubt you'd be sorry!

And for a few hundred bucks compared to a Leica lens at a few or more
thousands, it's a piece of cake. Quite frankly? It's a beautiful lens, mine
cuts like a new razor blade and the images look very nice film or digital!

ted