Subject: [Leica] M8 and the WAR
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Wed Jun 11 12:28:40 2008

Hi guys

I must say I did find this report influential on my thinking. I
thought my grumblings on my faulty M7 was a reflection of my bad luck.
I have already suggested Leica's strength is in things mechanical -
let me add the obvious, namely optical. Yes the mechanical cameras
need TLC / C&A but there is currently a good deal of expertise in that
area. Anyway this report has tipped me over to thinking Leica as a
film system; as to digital I am now deeply committed to Nikon. (If
ever we have a mature FF Mx then maybe but my pending pension may not
fund it.)

I still have the Leica bug, but for mechanical solid Germanic film kit
- especially at the current second hand prices.

Chris B

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M8 and the WAR)