Subject: [Leica] IMG: floods
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Jun 13 10:32:44 2008

Tina,

My thoughts are with those in Iowa where I have many friends. It will
impact all of us. It's sending the already high price of corn even
higher. That will affect everyone, and I don't just mean people in the
US.

As far as the drought we're having here (I'm about 70 miles from
Charlotte.) I was just gone for 10 days and I put in a drip irrigation
system before I left. We're under water restrictions here, too. I don't
think it rained the entire time I was gone but the plants all look
great. Drip irrigation is very easy and economical to put in. The timer
was the most expensive item at $28 (Lowes). It's very efficient in terms
of water usage, too. Especially if you mulch as you say.

DaveR