Subject: [Leica] Okay, completely OT - any dentists here?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Wed Jun 18 17:58:12 2008

Okay, completely OT - any dentists here?

My dentist says I need a root canal.    Here's the  background:
- dentist advises to redo a 20 year old filliing in Dec, with an inlay
- inlay is done, flares up with severe pain at New Year's day
- go to emergency dentist, take x-ray, determine inlay isn't cemented or
sitting properly
- pain goes away, dentist replaces inlay
- now - June - go for regular cleaning, sees blister at gum of tooth (I
thought it was loose skin). No symptoms of pain or abnormality with the
tooth (a rear molar).
- take x-ray, says that it is infection, now recommend root canal.  I'm
concerned that the root canal means redoing the inlay

I'd much rather spend the money on an 80mm Summilux-R.

What do you dentists think - can I "wait and see" on the tooth situation
and the infection goes away?

Searching the web on "tooth infection" isn't nice, on the "potential
further bad things" if a tooth infection runs away.

....Vick

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Okay, completely OT - any dentists here?)
Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Okay, completely OT - any dentists here?)
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Okay, completely OT - any dentists here?)