Subject: [Leica] When 12mp is just not enough
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jul 10 08:28:25 2008

Well crew I suppose this type of equipment is of some use to some
photographers. But in reality I don't care if it's a gadzillion mega pixels
or not. Simply because if the guy holding the camera or I suppose one might
say operating a monster size piece of gear like this doesn't have a clue
"what a true photo moment is?" All the mega pixels in the world aren't going
save his ass and produce the perfect picture moment.

This doesn't mean I'm anti digital, far from it. I just wish it was here 45
years ago particularly when I recall having to cope with hundreds and
hundreds of rolls of film on shoots.

But let's not have a whole bunch of people get wet knickers drooling over
this type of gear quite simply because it's highly unlikely anyone on this
list can afford one.

Particularly when we have a number of the crew who can't afford to buy an
M8!

ted

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] When 12mp is just not enough)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] When 12mp is just not enough)