Subject: [Leica] When 12mp is just not enough
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Jul 10 08:51:45 2008

Then again if s/he does "know what a true photo moment is"
s/he'll capture it on something akin to an 8x10 negative worth of
information.
For anyone who's worked with that much visual data - well - we'll drool.

The first time I took a loupe to an 8x10 negative and saw insects on
leaves of foliage 20 feet away from the camera I fell in love with
"large" format. And "large" digital sensors will give you that kind
of detail.

I honor:
        the decisive moment
        the impeccable composition
        the gorgeous light
        the fine detail
        the rich tonality
        the correct subject
        the true color
in no particular order or hierarchy
if I can achieve 3 or 4 out of 7 I feel okay about image (and take
note of those I missed).

Ted, I have the utmost respect for your rich body of work and your
clear KISS approach to getting the subject, the moment and the light
first and foremost.

Yet, I equally appreciate and respect those who achieve other various
combinations of the 7 basic elements of our craft.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com