Subject: [Leica] IMG: NYC this weekend on 6x9
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Tue Jul 15 07:54:15 2008

The one main thing that the Fuji has over any 35mm camera system is
surface area. The tonality which comes from 6x9 negatives is so rich
and the lack of grain if enlarging to the same sizes as the 35mm
camera.
Different tools for different jobs though.
I won't be carrying the Fuji around on a daily basis, but I will be
using it far more than my old Bronica 6x6 (almost the size of
a Mamiya RB67) which was relegated to studio use mostly. I love the
idea of having a very portable, high quality medium format camera which
I can take with me and shoot daily. The Fuji 690 is certainly not in
this class but there are others...
Thanks
Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] IMG: NYC this weekend on 6x9)