Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 29 (ric)
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Mon Jul 28 07:06:05 2008

The low hanging fruit (wrt petroleum) is pretty much been picked over except
for Russia and the Middle East. This, plus growing demand from China, India
and other emerging economies doesn't bode well for future energy prices.

In the US lower taxes mitigates this somewhat as compared to Europe and
Canada but the real hope for reduced prices in the near term is a
significant reduction in demand. In my two recent long distance road trips
it is real apparent that there is a major reduction in people driving RV's,
large SUV's and massive trucks. Both times I left the V8 road car at home
and my Honda Civic rewarded me with highway mileage in excess of 48 MGIG.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 29 (ric))
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 29 (ric))