Subject: [Leica] Grand Canyon Hike
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri Aug 1 18:08:22 2008

On Aug 1, 2008, at 6:01 PM, Ken Carney wrote:

> Just a thought.  If you defer until December, you can probably get a
> nice
> suite at the El Tovar, no hiking, no watching thousands of foreign
> tourists
> about to fall off the edge while posing, maybe a little snow.  Just
> chilling
> out for a while.  We were snowed in at the El Tovar for about three
> days
> once in January.  Nice, although the food and wine selection
> sucked.  Bring
> your own Scotch definitely. Personally, I would rather be in Santa
> Fe then.

that's the spirit... and we have been snowed in at El Tovar in May...

best bet is skip entirely the South Rim...go to the North Rim, stay at
the lodge on the edge of the canyon,

do any hiking based on your feelings and the conditions at the time...

and have a truly wonderful time... we did.

my 2 cents,

Steve