Subject: [Leica] Experience with Apple?
From: eperea at walkereng.com (Emilio Perea)
Date: Tue Aug 5 21:20:13 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 07:54:14PM -0700, Brian Reid wrote:

> I choose to use Macs when I have a choice, not because they are
> "better", but because I spend far less time messing with them and more
> time using them. I have no explanation for why this is true, but for
> me, it is true.

Does Apple still make computers?  I thought they were now a music gadget
company! :-)

Seriously, I don't like Macs particularly, but Apple has the great
advantage of controlling both the hardware and the operating system.  If
you run another OS on a Mac, you see that the hardware is not that good.
All the problems I've had with Windows PCs myself have been due to bad
hardware or drivers.

My brother and sister-in-law are Mac nuts and they would agree with your
conclusions though with much less experience.

FWIW, I believe that if someone is looking for a new PC, knows that he
wants to run software that is available for the Mac and is not primarily
concerned about value for the money (in a Leica list?) he would be
happier with a Mac.

Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Experience with Apple?)