Subject: [Leica] Experience with Apple?
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive)
Date: Fri Aug 8 08:43:19 2008

Mainly "blue screens", usually caused by (I think) by USB drives that
were asleep, but spin up too slowly to keep the kernel happy.
dot.mac regularly messes up syncing.
Spinning balls forever in several apps. Needed the equivalent of the
Windows three finger salute to kill the offending app. This was my
biggest surprise - I thought that I would never  have to do it again
when I switched from Windows.

Pretty much the same type of thing that used to happen on my PC. I never
had virus, etc problems on either system, as I am both hyper cautious
and lucky.

The UI things that irritate me on the Mac - which are a matter of taste,
but still irritating to me:

The lack of a "Tile Windows" capability - Expose does not do it for me.
This is a major pain.
Lack of "dragable" borders on Windows
Unpredictable behavior of the little green blob to resize a window
Menu bar on a different screen than than the window I am working on.

Not biggies - I still use Macs with no intention of changing.
--
Clive

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Experience with Apple?)
Message from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive) ([Leica] Experience with Apple?)