Subject: [Leica] IMG: Corn Fields
From: jnelon at netvigator.com (James R. Nelon)
Date: Sat Aug 9 15:56:26 2008

Tina,

Your comment on "rampant consumerism" resonated so thoroughly that I had to
send this comment to you. As you may know, I spent a year on sabbatical
living with remote tribes in Southeast Asia (Borneo, Palawan, Tawi-Tawi,
etc.), where you can appreciate that their income is typically a dollar or
so (equivalent) a day. My wife and I lived in Hong Kong at the time and were
appalled and shell shocked when we would occasionally return to the States
to see the (in our opinion) the over-the-top consumption of goods. We still
haven't become used to this lifestyle and will be returning to simpler roots
in Asia in the next few months. And we'll probably remain there.

Jim Nelon