Subject: [Leica] IMG: Corn Fields
From: jnelon at netvigator.com (James R. Nelon)
Date: Mon Aug 11 08:42:40 2008

Stasys,

By design, the excursions I took in Borneo (more correctly West Kalimantan,
which is on the west coast of the Indonesian part of Borneo) were solo - no
official tours. I wanted to stay away from tours in an effort to get deep
into the island and experience whatever I found there. So, the starting
point was Pontianak on the coast, proceeding by bus to Sintang, then by
another overnight bus to Suhaid, then by motor boat up the Kapuas River to
Lanjak, then by bemo to explore that area, then by motorbike and bus back to
Sintang, then by overnight bus back to Pontianak. The whole trip consumed 12
days, allowing for days in each of the towns to shoot, eat and learn. You
can read about all of this in my book "Pursuing A Dream: A Wandering
Executive's Journeys into Indonesia", available on Amazon.

Jim Nelon