Subject: [Leica] Fakes and Drugs
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Aug 14 12:20:06 2008

A quite emotional post, Adam.

No one has evidences against Phelps, otherwise he would have been chased
through Bejing like a rabid dog, for shure ;-)

After all the doping scandals of the past years, it's quite understandable
that such top performances like Phelp's leave a smell of doubts. This
perception has nothing to with "cynical unwashed masses", but more with
common sense. Based, for instance, on news stories about US top swimmer
Jessica Hardy, who had to withdrew from the games, just a few days before
the beginning, after failing a drug test; or about US top swimmer athlete
Gary Hall, who  believes that the flood of new world records is not only
dued to honest methods. He is more insider than you, but the answers given
by other athletes and functionaries were the same like yours: "Bring
evidence or shut up".

Your attitude is quite typical for sport association functionaries. They
also said the same things about Carl Lewis, Marion Jones, Justin Gatlin, Ben
Johnson and many others, before these were caught. Believing in the honesty
of the olympic sports spirit is either starry-eyed or against one's better
knowledge, these days.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the races of "your" athletes :-)
Cheers,

Didier

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Fakes and Drugs)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Fakes and Drugs)