Subject: [Leica] Sorry for the delay Frank (explanation) WAS Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Aug 16 17:37:07 2008

At 08:32 PM 8/16/2008, you wrote:
>Here is my dilemma... I do not own LR or PS.  I am going to purchase one or
>the other.  Not both.
>
>So I am trying to determine which best fits my needs....

Here is what Jeff Schewe says:

"Lightroom is a workflow app dedicated to working with and storing
raw image files (primarily). Photoshop is a pixel editor...ideally,
you need/get both. The dividing line is, do you do a lot of stuff in
Photoshop? Retouching, image compositing, image manipulation?
Photoshop. Shoot a lot of raw and generally need to only tweak white
balance and tone/color, Lightroom. Not sure? Get both and figure out
what is best after you get it...Adobe has a 30 day return policy."

I would download both trial versions and work with them a month
each.  Then decide.  Have fun! ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com