Subject: [Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Aug 16 23:54:33 2008

Hi Daniel,

Just one minor point--what gets converted is just the catalogue, i.e.
the LR database that contains the previews and the edit history. The
original images, of course, are left untouched. That is one of the
most powerful features of LR--if I have made a number of adjustments
to an image in PS, the only way for me to reverse them is to go back
to the original scan and start over (I know there is something called
adjustment layers, but I never graduated to layers...). With LR, when
I have an image on the screen, I can go back to any earlier state with
a single mouseclick.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman