Subject: [Leica] Now, here is a piece of Adobe software I really hate...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Aug 17 00:02:15 2008

Just as my image processing needs are simple, so are my web page
creation needs. I do not want to use Flash, I am not selling anything
through my web pages, I just use them to show the rest of you my
pictures. I have tried different packages over the years, without
being completely happy with any of them. So I thought, let me get
Dreamweaver, a lot of people whose sites I like use that, and the
educational pricing (my son is a university student) is cheap.

I tried to accomplish a simple task yesterday--to import the main page
of my frozenlight.eu web site into Dreamweaver so I could reorganize
it a bit. After 2 hours of failed attempts I gave up. The massive
manual talks about things like Ajax (which to me means a football club
in Amsterdam), Spry, Javabeans (yes, I have had two cups this morning)
etc. What it does not talk about is simple things: how to create a web
page, how do you import an HTML file created by another application etc.

After cursing and a couple of beers, I just gave up on Dreamweaver and
downloaded the Leopard update of Freeway Express, the software I have
used most recently. It is clunky but at least I know how it works,
more or less.

To date, I have not found a web creation program which easy to use. Oh
yes, iWeb is easy but it has so many limitations that it is useless
for managing a site. I have tried Rapidweaver and several others--all
sucked. Good thing they all let you download trial versions....

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu