Subject: [Leica] RE: Finding things in LR2 and working with DNG files
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Aug 18 15:52:53 2008

At 06:48 PM 8/18/2008, you wrote:
>Bob, I have no experience with LR or LR2 beyond a brief trial but would like
>to add comment on your remarks regarding DNG. I use Bridge and ACR. If you
>are shooting DNG and import with the setting 'convert to DNG' the files take
>a little longer to process, however you get the large advantage that the
>files are LOSSLESSLY compressed in the process, saving around fifty percent
>on the file sizes with no degradation at all.
>
>Cheers
>Geoff

I have had the same experience.  I convert all of my Leica DNG files
to LR DNG when I import them.  They are much smaller in size.  I
haven't had any problem with them being corrupt or changing in any
way from the original RAW file except that they are losslessly compressed.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] RE: Finding things in LR2 and working with DNG files)