Subject: [Leica] RAID controllers?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Aug 18 15:57:11 2008

At 06:42 PM 8/18/2008, you wrote:

>>RAID systems are not recommended by most of the Photoshop gurus that I
>>read.
>
>Whereas they are the gold standard recommended by most of the IT
>gurus with whom I associate. I think that some clue is required to
>use them properly, and in particular a lot of clue is required to
>recover properly from disk failure.
>
>I back up my RAID5 array. As Tina said, disks are cheap.

And I truly have no clue!  I guess I've read just enough to be scared
of RAID systems but I'd trust Brian's recommendation (if he's willing
to come over and fix it when it fails!) ;-)

Tina

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] RAID controllers?)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] RAID controllers?)