Subject: Didn't have to wait until after sundown.RE: [Leica] Getting into printing.. need advice?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Sep 8 10:11:40 2008

First darkroom (1955 - 9 years old):
Under basement stairs with dad's Solar enlarger; using paper dated 1940.

Second darkroom (1960 - 14 years old):
Broadway Studios; where I cleaned on Saturdays; sink made from 2x8
redwood boards; 5x7, 8x10 Elwood enlargers and Durst 606.

Third darkroom (1961 - 15 years old):
Wisconsin Lutheran High School; fairly cool - fiberglass sink, Omega
4x5 enlarger.

Fourth darkrooms (1964 - 1967):
Broadway Studios moved from 150 year old third floor walk up 25x100
feet to 5,000 square foot 2nd floor where they installed separate
film darkrooms for Ektachrome E-3, B&W, loading and the print room
received a huge 4 x 10 foot stainless steel sink. This where I spent
3 of my college years.

Fifth darkroom (1967 - 1972):
Milwaukee Courier and Milwaukee Star newspapers - the crazy years.

Sixth darkroom (1972 - 1984):
Most of my basement on 41st and Locust. Built a 4x8 fiberglass
covered sink which served me well until a month ago when I cut it up.

Seventh darkroom (1984 - 1985):
My parents basement rec-room while I build my current house.

Eighth and current darkroom (1985 - present):
An actual room with ceramic tile floor - Durst lab 184 8x10 with
color head, Durst lab 138 5x7 with cold light head, Leitz Focomat V35
waiting for installation of a small stainless sink which will allow
me to make 8x10's and maybe (just maybe 11x14's). Currently the room
is jammed full of stuff unrelated to making prints or processing
film. ; ~ (

Last roll of film processed - about 8 months ago
Last silver print made - about 10 months ago

This discussion makes me long to clean up the darkroom, install the
sink and make some prints.
Most especially the comments about the music and dancing along
between tank inversions and rythmically rocking trays. Also was into
touching toes and knee bends as I counted off processing times. ; ~ )

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com