Subject: [Leica] OT: early 70s era 200 mm Nikon lens on new generation cameras?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Sep 9 15:58:13 2008

I use my 200 ai on my D200
-if I use it on my D40x it won't meter. So with the higher priced bodies
you're ok with older lenes with at least some form of metering.
Same as my 105 2.5, and a handful of others.
Its one plus that Nikon has over Canon. The non changing of the lens mount.
It's also a minus as Canon made their lens mount bigger which always for
things in lens design a smaller lens mount will not give you.
What exactly I don't know so I'm not suffering for it.
The use of a 70's era Nikor feels very Leica like for some reason to me at
this stage of the game. Brings be back to basics; but quality basics.
And for peanuts.

Peanuts quality basics.

PQB

Its very PQB.