Subject: [Leica] Might as well forget the S2 even EXISTS - and hope for an R10
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (ejcaliguri@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Sep 22 20:29:22 2008

The Leica S2 - if it lives up to what it is on paper, they have pulled off a
real achievement in design and execution of R and D on a shoestring budget.
But
at a price of 20,000 Euros for the body alone! That is stratospheric! In
Hasselblad range, or over for certain. To my mind, I best forget they make
this,
and concentrate on the fact that an R10 is on the way, that I hope will take
my
long list of R lenses (just as the M8 and M8.2 takes my older M glass and
older
M cameras take the new glass, but have no need of the codes). Even if it can
'take' an adapter to older R glass, I won't use all those pixels.

I hope this works out for Leica, and helps us all; but with the world
economy as
it is, they are taking a bold shot. Buying a $30,000 dollar 37 Mgp camera
body
is not at the top of my 'can do' list at the moment, while a $8 - 9,000 R10
may
have been.

Edward