Subject: [Leica] a serious question
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Sep 25 09:25:17 2008

At 12:02 PM 9/25/2008, you wrote:
>If this makes me a bitcher? So be it, as I feel I've earned a spot to do so
>after all the faithful years of always working with 3 M's and 3 motor driven
>SLR's as the assignments dictated. I'm still a believer and extol the Leica
>quality and where, when and why one should use an M camera. But the yearning
>for new bits is pretty low to the barrel bottom at the moment!
>
>ted

But the bottom line, for me, is when I compare the photos from my M8
to my photos from my Canon 5D or my Canon 1DMII, there is no question
about which is best.  People on other e-mail lists are complaining
about fringing, chromatic aberrations, and soft focus from the newest
offering from Canon and the solution that some offer is to "fix it in
Photoshop."  Leica digital files don't need fixing.  I'll eat beans
and rice and wait months or years to pay for that quality.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] a serious question)