Subject: [Leica] LUG - Way over my budget...
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 28 18:39:45 2008

Jan Decher <alcedo@verizon.net> wrote:

> I am getting rather overwhelmed by the volume of this list and
> feel a little bit out of place here.  I will definitely not be
> able to afford an M8 (or DMR, or S2 for that matter) for the
> forseeable future and have a much more analog low-budget approach
> to shooting and owing Leica gear than (it seems) most here.

> >Will can fully satisfy the digital needs (mosty for my work
> as a zoologist) with a lowly Canon Rebel Xsi, D50 or G10, but
> love the feel and timeless image quality of a IIIf, M3, M6 or SL2
> and the smell of my B&W darkroom (with B22XL enlarger).
> Is there a Leica list for analog only, classic Leica users,
> where the newest gear is not necessarily the best?
>Thanks, Jan

Jan I often feel out of place when the LUG talks toys, but what matters is
your pictures, no matter what camera you've used to make them.  There's lots
of expertise on this list in the timeless tools, probably more here than
anywhere else.  Ask me about Leicaflexes :)  And we need more zoologists on
the list.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com