Subject: [Leica] Dead Seagate
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Sep 30 10:04:21 2008

At 12:15 PM 9/30/2008, you wrote:
>So sorry to hear of your downer drive
>
>I used these folks a couple months ago to retrieve my data
>Gillware Inc.
>very expensive
>George

How expensive is very expensive?  I'm sending mine in for a quote but
I don't want to be totally in shock when I get the estimate.  It's
about 600GB of photos.

Seagate has a separate recovery company that will try to retrieve the
information for a fee and then put it on a hard drive to replace the
one that is still under warranty.  I guess that would be the best of
both options to try to retrieve the files and still get the warranty
from Seagate.  I'm sure the fee will be significant, though :-(

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Dead Seagate)