Subject: [Leica] Dead Seagate, happy now
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Sep 30 18:51:17 2008

LUG:

Thanks, everybody, for your advice.  Today from the farm, I shipped
the hard drive off to Seagate for evaluation (free overnight shipping
both ways, no charge for evaluation).  Then I got back home to
discover that I had used the automatic Seagate back-up program to
back that hard drive up on August 24th.  ;-)  I've only lost one
month of files instead of two.  When this back-up program (Memeo)
finishes restoring itself on another hard drive, I'll look and see
what I might be missing from the files I had scanned.   As for the
8GB that I had downloaded and not backed up, I used SanDisk Rescue to
retrieve all of those files with no problem.

Sometimes I hate technology and sometimes I love it!  When I once got
fixer and developer mixed up in my Jobo, there was no way I could
rescue the eight rolls of film in my tank.  But I was very, very
careful after that. You can bet I'll be backing everything up every day now!!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com