Subject: [Leica] Cars
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu Oct 9 01:41:37 2008

Philippe,

Philippe AMARD wrote:
> A dream car this one was - advanced and very reliable technology on
> board - for all I know Citroen was the company that invented and was
> first to mass produce front wheel drives, on top of oleo-pneumatic
> independent suspensions, fully no-clutch-gearboxes, intelligent
> headlights that would follow the curves, etc.

A girlfriend of mine had one...she said that she remembered driving up a
hill in
 Edinburgh and suddenly seeing in her rear-view mirror a green-ish
streak...the
hydraulics had gone...HOwever when I met her a few years later she had one
again
and it was a wonderful car.

> De Gaulle is said to have escaped assassination thanks to his
> chauffeur's skills, and to the car handling so well in any circumstances..

Really True I believe.

> The station wagon version was also much used as an ambulance car (FWD
> and extented platform with smooth but fast riding)

The DS was probably the most advanced car in its day. It's a shame that
Citoen
hasn't kept up that level of innovgation. I drove a Citroen the other day (a
Picasso) and it was truly awful.

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Cars)
Message from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] Cars)