Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Rockport, MA
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Thu Oct 23 12:51:50 2008

Hi Tina,

Your post raises a few questions :

1) Was there a compulsory theme or combo?

What I see on the LUG surprises me as
a) they're not the type of photos you usually show,
b) the gear is not the best you have in stock to use for this kind of takes.

2) Did you deliberately go "astray" from your style ?

Mind you, I wish I had taken
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/tinamanley/081022_646_355.jpg.html>
which deserves a triple WOW

Yet, I think the other ones are gear driven, and even if you did let
your artistic side a go, you might have fared better with other pieces
of gear you own, as they are, for me at least, far from any kind of
"KISS" principle.
I don't know what Ted said. I sense that you wanted to try something
other, and you did get one that IS really smashing, whatever the gear,
and sorry for me to say it Ted, even if you disagree.

I hope this somewhat harsh post won't hurt you. It is not meant to. I am
simply wondering why.

In any case I hope you enjoyed the seminar and I really wish you
developed in this direction i.e. art and personal sensibilty to other
topics than human beings too for you've proved here that your bow has
more than just one string.

Amiti?s
Philippe
.