Subject: [Leica] R10 news
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Sat Nov 1 00:34:17 2008

I had a chance to speak to Ms. Harbets  at the Leica booth at NY Photo-Expo
last week. I'd be very surprised if the R 10 goes on sale before the next
Photokina.  By then C, N and S will probably have 30 meg sensors in their
top  bodies. Not sure what  Leica need to compete. Perhaps it is time to
Leica to  recognise that they can best serve Leica enthusiasts by offering
lenses in C, N and S mounts, just like CZ.

CZ  had the new 21mm Distagon on display in EOS an ZF mounts. It was not
possible to compare it directly with the original Contax lens, but the EOS
version did seem a bit smaller, estimated street price was under US $1900.