Subject: [Leica] R10 news
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 1 06:27:29 2008

A. Lal wrote:

>I had a chance to speak to Ms. Harbets  at the Leica booth at NY Photo-Expo
>last week. I'd be very surprised if the R 10 goes on sale before the next
>Photokina.  By then C, N and S will probably have 30 meg sensors in their
>top  bodies. Not sure what  Leica need to compete.

C, N and S will need to revamp much of their lens lineup in order to take
advantage of 30MP sensors.  Early results from the 5DII suggest that its
sensor is overkill for many of the EF lenses.  Absent a completely new set
of lenses, C, N and S will do better to address bit depth and DR
deficiencies.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com