Subject: [Leica] R10 news
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat Nov 1 18:45:07 2008

Frank,
I dont agree - they sell photographs for a living, unlike you and me. Any
long term survival of any company depends on being able to sell a product in
the niche where it excels. I was also comparing the D3 to the R8/9 with DMR,
and not to the M series. Incidentally, I have a few prints taken by Doug
Herr with the DMR, as well as quite a few taken with the D3 combo I was
referencing, and I think that for wildlife/birds the Nikon combo is better -
I again reitirate that this is based on examining prints and not on seeing
small jpg on the net. I myself use the 200-400, but with the D300, and it is
the best and most versatile long lens I have owned for wildlife. It is not
useful at all for street photography, though (-: !!
Cheers
Jayanand