Subject: [Leica] Spanish names
From: johnbeeching at gmail.com (John Beeching)
Date: Thu Nov 6 09:07:32 2008

Dear Brian,

Lluis lives in Catalunya a part of Spain where they speak Catalan as opposed
to Castilian (Spanish).  Lluis is his name in Catalan and Luis in
Castilian.  Both versions of Lluis are pronounced approximately the same.
In Spain people have two surnames, one from their father and one from their
mother; so, in Lluis' case Ripoll is his father's and Querol is his
mother's.

John