Subject: [Leica] My first Leica purchase in several years...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Dec 2 23:32:37 2008

...is a new 35mm Summarit, just arrived yesterday from Australia. The
lens feels very good, every bit as solid as the Summicrons etc. Now I
am just missing one tiny bit of kit to be able to actually take
pictures with it ;-)

One peeve, however, is that the lens hood is not built in nor included
with the lens--you have to buy it separately. I think it is a bit
cheesy, not so much because of the money, but because of the hassle of
having to hunt around for it on the web. I live in the Third World as
far as Leica is concerned: the nearest Leica dealer is in Valencia,
180 km away, and the nearest good dealers are in Barcelona (550 km) or
Madrid (430 km). Even then, I am not sure if they would have that
particular item in stock, so I just ordered it from B&H. But in the
end I would rather pay a bit more for the lens and have the hood
included.

Well, I guess I should not complain too much, given that I paid $1414
for the lens--but those were Australian dollars :-)

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu