Subject: [Leica] ZEISS BIOTAR 58/2 TEST
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Dec 16 21:31:11 2008

At 10:39 PM 12/16/2008, Jim Nichols wrote:

 >I hope you enjoy another fine camera from the past.  Your examples indicate
 >that the Biotar produces nice results.  I had, at one time, a very early
 >version of that camera series, which did not have a removable lens.

Jim

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what
camera that would have been.  All of the
Prakticas which I can recall had removeable
lenses, M40 through the War and then M42, later
picked up by the Contax S line.  There were some
miniature-format folders with non-removeable
optics but none of these, to my fairly certain
knowledge, had the 2/5.8cm or 2/58mm Biotar.

So I am at a bit of a loss.

Earlier this evening, my wife and I watched one
of the newish Miss Marple Mysteries on DVD and,
early on, one of the characters was giving a
slide-show talk about an arctic expedition.  His
slide projector was clearly a Leitz Prado of some
sort, and the slides were clearly medium-format,
but I could pick no further details from the
DVD.  I used to own a bunch of these fefore I
simplified my life and sold them, replacing them
with that ultimate tank, a Kiev 66, a most
efficient answer to the standard projection of standard MF slides.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] ZEISS BIOTAR 58/2 TEST)